Note: Supervised rotatory clinical training will be provided at least 2 hrs/day in Physiotherapy Clinic/OPD during the Third and Final year. Covering up 2710 hours of Examination/NON Examination papers, 1450 Hours of Clinical (Course Teaching) and 1152 Hours of Clinical (Physiotherapy Internship) throughout the course as per the curriculum defined by Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
PHYSIOTHERAPY INTERNSHIP (PI)
- Department of orthopedics & Traumatology – 30 days
- Department of Cardio pulmonary Sciences including ICCU – 30 days
- Department of Medicine and Neurology – 30 days
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – 2 weeks
- Paediatrics – 2 weeks
- IMCU – 2 weeks
- Post-operative ward and SICU – 2 weeks
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - 30 days
A professional Physiotherapists can able to treat any physical problems, ranging from muscle strains, Joint problems, Sports injuries, Continence Issues, Osteoporosis, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Amputees and Respiratory conditions like Asthma, Emphysema. Also can treat people diagnosed with Neurological conditions like Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s diseases.
Health and fitness centers